Skillz is excited to provide you with an additional risk-free and operation-free monetization channel through ads from qualified third-party vendors for your launched games*. By integrating with the latest Skillz SDK v26, you will automatically have the capability to show ads to your players in your games and generate revenue from the ads impressions. Please see below detailed information:
- Revenue generated from 3rd party ads will be split between you and Skillz on a 50/50 basis. You will see this revenue reflected on your revenue statement every month.
Your game needs to be on the latest Skillz SDK v26 “Platinum” to be able to benefit from this feature. So download and integrate today if you haven’t done so!
Your game needs to be live in app stores for the ads to work properly.
If your games are prize-enabled, then currently they don’t qualify for third-party party ads. However, we are actively testing ads in prize-enabled test titles to explore the impact of ads on real-prize monetization now before we possibly roll it out to prize-enabled games. Stay tuned for updates and next steps on this front.
Ads operation and setup
- Skillz handles the ads setup, operation and optimization so you can just sit back and enjoy the ride!
- Currently, the default ads setup for your games is: 1 opt-in rewarded video and 1 non-skippable interstitial ads once every 2 games played. By watching the rewarded video, players can recover their entry fees if they lost the game or double their z winnings if they won the game.
- By default, you would have ads in your games if they haven’t reached prize enablement. However, if you wish to opt-out of ads, you can request to do so by contacting us. Please allow 5 business days for us to turn ads off after you submit your request through here. We will notify you via email after ads are off.
- If ads stay enabled in your games, all players in your games will see ads.
- The placement, setup and frequency of the ads are subject to changes in order to optimize your resulting revenue.
Overall, we are offering you a risk-free and operation free monetization channel. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us.
*Currently we are providing 3rd party ads for games that are launched but have not reached real prize yet.