One nice aspect of the Skillz real-time gaming solution is that Skillz hosts and maintains your servers. You have the option to use a custom server or customize the Skillz example server. We recommend the following workflow to get started with getting your real-time game working on Skillz:
- Download example game server (if you wish to use your own custom server please contact us for more information).
- Integrate the Skillz SDK
- Test your game connectivity with your server running locally
- Please reference the Testing Real-Time Games section for common use cases to test against
- Once you have verified things work locally work with the Skillz team to spin up a Sandbox server to validate the workflow.
- Once Sandbox testing is complete Skillz will work with you to rollout the game into production
The Skillz team will help you through this process as we work to further build out the solution.