Apple has rolled out a new mandatory developer survey asking for information about what user data is collected by their app and what this data is used for. Responding to this survey is mandatory for all developers who have an app on the Apple AppStore.
To aid developers with games developed on the Skillz platform, Skillz has laid out sample responses to this survey based on the collection and usage of user data in the Skillz SDK.
The below responses are the Skillz-recommended declarations if your game uses the Skillz SDK alone and does not use any other 3rd-party SDKs aside from Skillz. If you do use additional 3rd party SDKs, you are responsible to understand how those SDKs collect and use user data in order to properly respond to the questionnaire.
There are two questionnaires that need to be filled out:
- The first questionnaire pertains to WHAT user data is collected.
- The second questionnaire pertains to HOW that data is used.
Responses to the First Questionnaire: WHAT user data is collected
Select Yes to data collection for the following fields for each category:
- Contact info: Select “Name”, “Email Address”, “Phone Number”, “Physical Address”
- Health: Select NONE
- Financial: Select Payment Info ONLY
- Location: Precise AND Coarse location
- Sensitive info: NONE
- Contacts: YES
- User content: Select “Photos or videos”, “Gameplay content”, AND “Customer support”
- Browsing history: NONE
- Search history: NONE
- Identifiers: Select “userID” AND “device ID”
- Purchases: YES
- Usage data: Select “Product interaction” AND “Other usage data”
- Diagnostics: Select ALL
- Other data: NO
Responses to the Second Questionnaire: HOW the data is used
See table below for responses